New BIBA facility focuses on mental health
6th August 2020
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) has entered in an agreement with Mental Health In Business (MHIB) to provide members with mental wellbeing support in a newly agreed facility.
The provision of the facility follows a period when many brokers began to recognise that mental health in the workplace is as important as physical health and safety. The arrangement gives members a discounted rate on a range of services from accomplished wellbeing trainers including:
- Guidance on workplace mental health strategy, in line with latest guidelines;
- Support with creation of workplace mental health processes, documentation, resources and support pathways;
- Accredited (MHFA England) Mental Health First Aid Training – in person or online;
- Bespoke mental health awareness training workshops – in person or online; and
- Line Managers mental health training – in person or online.
Steve White BIBA CEO said: “BIBA has worked with MHIB for a year or so, internally and in providing Mental Health First Aid training for the BIBA team and for our members. Their approach has been universally well received so it makes absolute sense to formalise their offerings for BIBA brokers. Now, leaders recognise the importance of giving employees a safe way of working both physically and mentally and I believe they will find this resource invaluable.”
Claire Russell, MHIB CEO concluded: “Having spent most of my career in broking I know how stressful it can be. The resources we are offering will allow brokers to access training and help to suit their business easily and I know we will be able to enhance and complement the work they may already be doing in this field. I’m delighted we have become an accredited BIBA Facility provider.”