Journalist and Media Awards
Jonathan Swift of Insurance Post named BIBA’s Journalist of the Year Award 2023
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) has named Jonathan Swift of Insurance Post as the 2023 BIBA Journalist of the Year at its annual Journalist & Media Awards.
About the Awards
BIBA is committed to promoting the work that brokers do in helping businesses and individuals access the insurance protection they need. That is why we showcase the work that journalists, broadcasters, publications and other influential media providers do to increase the understanding of insurance.
It is now 40 years since BIBA held its first journalist awards and the breadth and depth of material available to reporters and creators is bigger than ever. Those in the media, across all channels, are influencers and we want to work with them to highlight the good that insurance can do for businesses, individuals and the economy.
BIBA Journalist and Media Awards 2023 – OPEN FOR ENTRIES
We are delighted to announce that the BIBA Journalist and Media Awards 2023 are now open for entries. Open to UK journalists who have written, displayed or broadcast on general insurance subjects between 1 February 2022 and 1 February 2023, the awards aim to recognise the important contribution that journalists make in promoting a better understanding and awareness of general insurance issues.
The awards ceremony will be held at lunch time on 28 June 2023 at Lloyd’s Old Library, London.
The closing deadline for award entries is 17 March.
If you have entered our awards before using our online platform, you will already have a login – so you might just need to click the “remember password” box.
Good luck everyone and if you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Pledge [email protected]
* Scoop of the Year Award
* Best Consumer or Business Award
* Best Trade Award
* Most Promising Newcomer Award
* Best Interview / Profile Award
* Best Thought Leadership Award
* Best Investigative Journalism Award
* Best Digital or Broadcast Award
**Awards Criteria **
- When applying only send links to open source websites and not password protected sites. Where article entries are only available as password protected please supply these as a PDF attachment.
- The judges will look for entries which raise awareness and understanding of general insurance subjects and help the audience to gain a greater insight into general insurance issues. Originality, style, quality of research and investigation will also be assessed.
- All entries (except Most Promising Newcomer Award) require one general insurance article, broadcast recording or campaign.
- Journalists should be aware that they can only enter each category once. You may enter more than one category but a different article must be entered for each category. Any duplicated entries will not be judged.
- You may submit a supportive statement of no more than 150 words for any category. No other supporting material will be judged.
- Please review individual categories for further entry criteria and requirements.
- Print, broadcast and online pieces produced between 1 January 2022 and 1 February 2023 are eligible for submission.
- Most Promising Newcomer Award is open to any journalist starting to write or broadcast on insurance matters during the last 18 months.