Do you excel at, and love, organising major events? Could you make a difference as part of the organising team for the largest insurance Conference and Exhibition in the UK?
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) annually hosts the largest insurance event in the UK with over 9000 attendees and 220 exhibiting companies during a two-day event in May. The event reunites thousands of members, brokers, insurers and others in the insurance sector to network and do business together under one roof. The agenda is packed with a line-up of 50+ inspirational keynote and seminar speakers and each year we are one of the largest Exhibitions hosted at Manchester Central Convention Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic Event Manager to join our small dedicated in-house team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of this immense annual event. The candidate must have a strong track-record at delivering large-scale B2B events from inception through to delivery and follow up.
BIBA is the membership organisation for, and the voice of, the UK general insurance brokers’ sector. We represent and promote the interests of insurance brokers and their customers. We work with Government and the insurance industry and other stakeholders, to promote the role of brokers and to enhance access to insurance for consumers and businesses.
We are seeking an all-round Event Manager with a range of event organising skills from project management to marketing who is comfortable liaising with speakers, selling sponsorship and additional activities and supporting marketing campaigns, podcasts and other event management projects.
Tech-savvy with drive and a great collaborative nature and excellent communication skills at all levels, this is an opportunity to join a fast-paced passionate team in an important organisation.
- Researching suitable speakers with industry speakers and agencies, and management of selected people pre-event and onsite.
- Selling additional exhibitor opportunities including sponsorship, advertising, fringe, forecourt spaces and liaising with companies, contractors and the venue on deliverables
- Organising and managing ancillary events as necessary
- Effectively handling delegate enquiries to ensure excellent attendee experience from beginning to end
- Working closely with the whole Conference team on all planning and organisational aspects of the event including conference marketing, website content management, podcasts, sustainability aims, projects and delivery
- Effectively managing event projects to budget and deadlines
- As a team ensuring all stakeholders expectations are met pre-event and onsite
- 5+ years organising large-scale association/body or B2B trade shows essential
- Working in a small event team where responsibilities and delivery overlaps preferred
- Successful end-to-end management in all operational aspects of event planning
- Strong IT skills and technical know-how and desire to learn on the job
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Event all-rounder with attention to detail and accuracy
- Great project management skills and ability to organise and plan to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with event contractors, internal departments and external suppliers and stakeholders.
- Proactive and positive with a team-player attitude and hands-on approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and think creatively regarding marketing
- Copywriting and editing ability and an understanding of our audience
Terms and Conditions
- The team is currently hybrid working with some days working from home and some days in the Office – City of London. The successful candidate would be expected to follow the working arrangements of the rest of the Conference team.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Auto-enrolled pension scheme
- Annual leave 28 days pa
Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to Emma Chapman, Conference Director at [email protected] by 17 November