As with any aspect of your firm’s business, review and feedback on progress with your ESG plan can serve a valuable function.
It can identify successes within your firm and re-energise you for the work ahead.
A review of your ESG plan might take into consideration some or all of the following:
- the status of any actions from previous meetings/reviews;
- changes in external and internal issues that are relevant to the ESG agenda, for example, – an upcoming regulation on ESG which might impact your firm;
- information on the performance and effectiveness of the ESG plan, including trends in:
- customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant internal/external stakeholders,
- performance on the set ESG objectives,
- the performance of external service providers, and or
- market analysis
- the adequacy of resources for the ESG plan; and
- opportunities for improvement and any other ESG risks to be incorporated.
You may want to consider:
- decisions and actions related to any opportunities for improvement,
- any need for changes to the ESG plan, and
- any additional resource needed to work on the (updated) ESG plan.