Renovation Plan is a specialist insurance scheme for properties undergoing construction, renovation or conversion.
We can cater for all types of project, large or small, including both residential and commercial properties. With three levels of cover to choose from our products can be tailored to suit your clients individual requirements.
Why is this cover necessary?
- Most home or property insurance policies would not provide full cover on the building whilst it is undergoing renovation or conversion works, particularly if the works are of a structural nature. Where cover is maintained on the existing property, restrictions may apply.
- Many buildings policies have a 30 day unoccupancy clause which could be in effect if the property is empty for the duration of the project.
- Standard property policies do not include cover for the new fixtures and fittings forming part of the new work, sometimes called the ‘Contract Works’
Project Types including but not limited to:
- Basement Conversion/ Extensions
- Standard Extensions/ Internal Reconfigurations
- Barn Conversions
- Listed Buildings
- Churches / Public Houses / Commercial Properties
- New Builds
- Flexible Policy terms (3-36 month terms available)
- Refunds on Cancellation
- £2,000,000 Public Liability as Standard
- Covers the Existing Structure and Contract Works
- ICF and SIPPS panels rated at Standard Construction
- Joint Names policies available if required under the contract conditions
- Underwriting Authority up to a Total Sum Insured of £5,000,000 (Higher on referral)
- 2 weeks additional cover past the expiry date shown on schedule
Optional Extra covers available for:
- Hired In Plant
- Own Tools and Own Plant
- Advanced Loss of Rent
- Non Negligence Cover/ JCT Liability/ 6.5.1 Party Wall Cover
- Increased Public Liability Limit
- Caravans/ Site Huts
Exclusive Benefits for BIBA Members
- Increased Commission to 16.5%
- Enhance Hired in Plant Cover
- Enhanced tools cover
How to get a quote or sign up for an agency?
We have no minimum levels of support so to sign up for an agency click here
Jo Barker / Annika Fletcher
Key House, Burnham Business Park, Burnham on Crouch, Essex, CM0 7TE
Tel: 01621 784840
Email: [email protected]