BIBA has developed its online Find Insurance Service to incorporate an enhanced Travel Medical Directory, for which we are aiming to achieve FCA accreditation. This change has been made in anticipation of the new FCA signposting rules for travel insurance customers with more serious medical conditions which come into force in April 2021. Our aim is to enable the insurance industry to easily signpost consumers to BIBA’s Find Insurance Service to fulfil their incoming regulatory obligations.
What does this mean for you?
In order to signposting consumers to you for these specialist classes, the FCA requires us to vet each firm and also to assist consumers further by providing more detailed information, for example, whether you can provide cover for a terminal prognosis by a doctor.
Please visit the new Medical travel directory to see the enhanced filters that we need further information on. You can also view the new results page that displays more detailed information on the broker and cover here.
If you wish to be included on the Travel Medical Directory, please review the registration process and action the following:
- Confirm that your firm wishes to be part of the BIBA Travel Medical Directory and meets the checklist of requirements in the registration process document.
- Provide the details that will allow consumers to filter searches –view and complete the filters here
- Provide the details that will allow consumers to see key information on your firm as listed under the ‘Information’ section of the registration process document.
- Provide ten case studies of consumers that you have assisted –view the example and provide case studies here
- Sign the declaration (email response will be sufficient)
Please do not hesitate to make contact to chat through any questions that you may have.
Manager, Find Insurance Service