Our approach to claims
We know it’s an extremely challenging time for you and your customers. We’re constantly monitoring the evolving situation and working with you to adapt accordingly.
We’re pleased that we’re continuing to offer our usual high levels of service even under these extraordinary circumstances. We’re working closely with our loss adjusters to ensure that interim payments are being made within 7 days of the original claims notification and that settlements are made as quickly as possible.
We’ve taken a variety of steps to help our customers deal with the significant challenges of the pandemic, including:
- Offering courtesy cars where repairs are complex and in total loss scenarios where individuals are unable to replace their vehicles due to car dealerships being shut
- Offering flexibility on late notification of claims, e.g. extending notification for unoccupied premises
- Taking a flexible view on business use for any customer who is either undertaking additional activities to keep their business afloat (for example, a restaurant now delivering take-away food) or where a business has repurposed for humanitarian reasons (for example, a taxi firm which is now delivering food rather than people)
- Proactively working together with our supplier partners to mitigate cash flow concerns through interim payments and minimising aged debt, and leveraging our green parts proposition where possible to mitigate supply chain delay.
You can read more about our temporary cover enhancements on our website.
ABI and ACSO Statement of Intent & Claim Rejection Standards
We’ve been working with the ABI and ACSO to develop the Statement of Intent for progressing claims during the Covid-19 crisis. This outlines best practice regarding the fair settlement of valid claims during this time. As the Statement mentions, the measures will be reviewed at least every three weeks until the end of the crisis.
Getting in touch and online self-serve tools
Our phone lines remain fully open with nearly 100% of our claims handlers now working remotely. However the simplest and quickest way of notifying a claim is online or via email and you can find the relevant email addresses here. Fleet claims can be notified and tracked via Allianz Claims Hub and Fleet Drivers can also notify Fleet claims via our Allianz Notify app . If you or your customers need to submit evidence to support an existing claim, please do this digitally via email or our self-service process for Motor and Motor Trade and Commercial Property.
Health and wellbeing resources
During these unprecedented times it’s important to keep a focus on mental wellbeing and through our partnership with Mind, we’re making a number of resources available to help our employees and their families. This extends to our broker community, with our recent webinar “Covid-19 – protecting your mental health” with advice and information from speaker Dr Judith Mohring. You can click here to hear a recording.
Keeping you updated
Our broker web page contains the latest information on our approach and FAQs. We also have a dedicated Covid-19 Resource Hub with a wealth of information to assist your customers in managing their businesses during this period, including:
- Key questions answered on general business practice and guidance on support available
- How employers can look after their employees and legal changes that may impact them
- Managing property, including construction sites, and vehicles
- IT, data and cyber considerations
- Resources for supporting customers and employees.