AllClear has announced that the BIBA Non-Standard Travel Medical scheme will offer enhanced COVID-19 cover for cancellation and curtailment. This is in addition to COVID-19 cover for emergency medical and repatriation expenses if Coronavirus is contracted whilst abroad.
The scheme, exclusive to BIBA members, provides specialist cover for customers who find obtaining travel insurance more challenging because of pre-existing medical conditions or age.
Garry Nelson, Head of Marketing at AllClear, commented: “We’re doing everything we can to make travel safe for those who would like to travel again this year. If a trip has to be cut short or a family member becomes ill with Coronavirus, or has to quarantine as a result of being medically diagnosed with Coronavirus, they’ll now be covered by AllClear policies bought via the BIBA Medical Travel Scheme.”
Mike Hallam, BIBA’s Head of Technical Services, added: “We continue to be proud of our non-standard medical travel scheme and the benefits that it gives customers and members. Brokers can be confident that they can provide comprehensive non-standard travel cover to their customers wishing to travel again.”
Here’s a reminder of the key benefits of the scheme relating to COVID-19:
- Cancellation and curtailment cover for COVID-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover for COVID-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover
- Up to £2,000 for a friend or relative to travel from their home area to stay with you
- Repatriation costs back to the UK
- Costs for a continued recuperation stay
- Costs for return flight following enforced stay due to Coronavirus
Policy benefits only apply to destinations where non-essential travel is permitted by the Government. For the very latest advice always refer to the FCO website
Visit the AllClear website for more information on the scheme.