Young Driver Telematics Insurance
Marmalade are champions for young drivers and innovators in young driver insurance. The scheme provides access to Marmalade’s comprehensive, flexible and competitively priced insurance policies providing cover for every stage of the driving journey, as well as a unique car and insurance package, Cars for Young Drivers.
Marmalade are rated Excellent on Trustpilot. Discover Marmalade’s range of insurance options available on the scheme:
Flexible Car Sharing Insurance
Underwritten by Ageas Insurance Ltd, Marmalade offer flexible, affordable, insurance to help young drivers get on the road in a family car, with no risk to the car owner’s No Claims Discount.
Learner Driver Insurance
- Instant comprehensive cover for provisional licence holders aged 17–34
- Cover on a friend’s or family member’s car
- 30, 60, 90, 180 day and 1 year options
- Low excess of £250
Named Young Driver Insurance
- Annual black box policy on a parent’s car
- No risk to parents’ main insurance
- Cover on full and provisional licence for drivers aged 17-27
- The price won’t increase on passing their test
- Young Driver earns their own No Claims Discount
Student Driver Insurance
- Insurance on a family car or friend’s car
- Exclusively for university and boarding school students aged 18-27
- Instant cover for 7, 14, 21 and 28 days
- Ideal for borrowing a car in the holidays
Insurance for a car the young driver owns
Underwritten by LV= Broker, Marmalade offer telematics insurance, and a smart car and insurance package, that gives young drivers the freedom on the road with no curfews.
Black Box Insurance
- Covers drivers aged 17 – 30 on a full and provisional licence
- Marmalade’s young drivers are 3 times safer than the national average!*
- Comprehensive cover
- Third party cover in the EU
- No premium increase after passing their test
Cars for Young Drivers
A unique car and insurance package for young drivers, available from age 17 – 24
- A brand-new car with 12 months’ free Black Box Insurance or a contribution to their insurance
- Cars available from a wide range of manufacturers
- Low deposit of £500
- Finance available
Easy Process for You and Your Client
It’s quick and easy to help your clients find the right cover:
- Run a Multi Quote through Marmalade’s Broker Dashboard – takes less than a minute!
- You will be able to present the options most suitable for your client based on who’s car they will be driving
For Black Box Insurance and Named Young Driver Insurance, simply enter customer contact details if the client is happy with the quote, Marmalade contact the client and take out the policy on your behalf and commission is then issued by Marmalade directly.
For Learner Driver Insurance you will able to process the policy directly via the portal, we will issue the policy documentation and renewal invites and you will earn commission on all new business and renewals.
For Student Driver Insurance and Cars for young Drivers applications are made online, simply refer your customers using your unique tracking link. This can be retrieved from Marmalade’s Broker Dashboard.
Scheme Benefits for BIBA Members
A solution to provide young driver insurance solutions at a competitive rate
- Exclusive personal business use as well as social, domestic, pleasure and commuting on Black Box Insurance
- Earn commission of up to £250
- Access to UK’s only car and free insurance package from age 17
- Commission paid monthly by BACS
- Retain customer ownership with the benefit of:
- All sales finalised by Marmalade
- All claims handled directly by the underwriter
- Exclusive access to Marmalade’s Broker Dashboard
- Quick and easy Multi Quote process – takes less than a minute!
- Dedicated Marmalade Broker Support Team
- Free marketing material
*Based on Marmalade New Driver Insurance (your car) policies incepted 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017. 1 in 15 Marmalade drivers have an accident within 6 months of their policy start date, compared with 1 in 5 young drivers who have an accident in the first 6 months after passing their test, according to National Statistics.