Product Recall Insurance
A product recall can be a worrying prospect for any business, with the potential for not just financial loss, but significant damage to their brand and reputation.
Uniquely for this type of insurance, we also include cover for cyber product tamper and software product safety – increasingly important areas of cover in the age of the ‘Internet of Things’. And because prevention is better than cure, our policy offers pre-incident consultancy to reduce the risk of a product recall occurring and to minimise the fallout when it does happen.
Cover can be tailored to the unique exposures of a wide range of industries – our Product Recall policy is for non-food consumer products and automotive parts, and our Contaminated Product Recall policy is for food and drink products.
Who’s it for?
Our product recall policies are aimed at a wide range of industries, including:
- food and beverage
- automotive components
- consumer products
- non-invasive medical devices
What does it cover?
- Premises and product rectification costs: cleaning and recalibrating of buildings/equipment, staff salaries, product replacement, re-distribution, and much more.
- Loss of future sales: cover of costs incurred while product remains unavailable for sale, typically 12 months.
- Ancillary costs: investigation, storage, transport and labour, disposal and destruction of damaged goods.
- Comprehensive brand and reputation protection: specialist support before, during and after an event, costs for advertising and promotional activity post event.
Premiums start from as little as £5,000 per £1m of cover, and with limits of up to £8m per policy available.
CFC is the largest independent MGA in the London market, backed by over 30 Lloyd’s syndicates and with more than 50,000 clients in over 60 countries worldwide. By combining cutting edge technology with data analytics and passionate underwriters, we try to bring something new to established insurance niches like piracy, terrorism and recall.
Click here for product brochure
Click here for Product Recall At a Glance
Click here for Product Recall Appetite Guide
Click here for guide on how it works