Liability by Yutree
What are we looking for?
Stand-alone liability business including:
- Public liability
- Public and products liability
- Public, products and employers liability
With a minimum premium of £150 + ipt and no upper limit on turnover we can accommodate one man bands through to multi-million pound operations.
The product provides general liability cover with a focus on simplifying the quirky and unconventional liability risks. From reading groups to funeral directors to chicken brokers, healthcare providers and zoos! We really can consider a diverse range of trades.
A risk was presented to us by a broker where their client ran an association for local beekeepers. The association meet, exchange ideas, hold events and sell a small amount of their produce at local markets. The client wanted their broker to arrange cover for the liabilities of the association. They needed to consider injuries to employees/volunteers, injuries to third parties or damage to property belonging to third parties arising from their activities and the sale of their products.
Some typical insurer responses to such an enquiry:
- “We don’t understand the exposure” – no quote
- “It is too small for us to consider” – no quote
- “Please use our e-trade facility” – no quote
- There is no option for ‘beekeepers association’ in the online/e-trade drop down menu – no quote
The solution – Liability by Yutree
Our underwriter spoke to the broker and asked a few more questions to understand the exposure:
- How many volunteers/organisers are there and how much/what do they do each year?
- What does your client sell and in what quantities?
- What activities/events does your client organise each year?
- How many members does your client have?
We then quoted a minimum premium of £150 + ipt which met all of their current liability insurance requirements and placed the cover issuing documentation the same day.
Why use BIBA Liability by Yutree?
As well as having underwriters on-hand to talk to about your risks, some of the other benefits of the scheme include:
- Fast quote turnaround
- No proposal form required
- Flexible underwriting including being able to consider:
- Overseas workers
- Bartoline extensions
- Multiple trades
- Financial loss extensions
- Overseas exports including North America
- £10m employers liability and up to £10m public and products liability
- No administration or policy fees
- 16% commission across all sections
- Standard & Poor’s A+ rated security