BIBA Holiday Travel Scheme
Holiday Travel +
Updates to the Holiday Travel+ and Sports Travel+ policies
Policies sold from 28 July 2020 will include cover for COVID-19 under the Medical Expenses and Cancellation/Curtailment sections of the policy. Cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Medical Expenses: If an insured person needs emergency medical treatment whilst on a trip.
- Cancellation: Only if an insured person (named on the certificate) tests positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks prior to travel and has to cancel their holiday.
- Curtailment: Only if an insured person (named on the certificate) tests positive for COVID-19 whilst on a trip.
Please be aware of the following:
- If your client is travelling against FCO advice there will be no cover (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice).
- There is no cover under the policy for losses insured or guaranteed by any other existing protection, specifically The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations, ATOL (including Civil Aviation Authority requirements), ABTA protection, or from your clients’ credit card provider under the Consumer Credit Act, or any other specific legislation for transport or travel providers.
- Cover for cancellation and curtailment is only for your clients’ proportion of prepaid transport, accommodation & additional travel expenses, and pre-paid excursions booked before they go on their trip, that they cannot recover from any other source.
We understand that you will want to know what cover your clients have in certain circumstances. We have therefore prepared a guide of frequently asked questions which is available from our team.
The Travel+ products provide package travel insurance cover, pre-travel advice and emergency assistance support to the leisure traveller and sporting enthusiast. Holiday Travel+ is for individuals, families and groups. Sports Travel+ is a specialist policy for the sporting traveller, amateur and professional individuals, groups and
teams. Policies are obtained via a simple to use online platform to quote, bind, renew and amend policies. Policies are underwritten by Syndicate DTW 1991 at Lloyd’s and policyholders benefit from the Lloyd’s unique ‘Chain of Security’.
– Holiday Travel+ cover up to 85 years for a single trip policy and 75 years for an annual multi-trip policy
– Sports Travel+ cover up to 65 years for a single-trip policy and for an annual multi-trip policy
– UK domiciled individuals, families and groups
Key policy features
– Simplified consumer friendly wording
– Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions including mental health conditions, subject to medical screening
– Cover for trip cancellation or coming home early for reasons beyond the insured’s control or due to a terrorist incident
– Cover for financial failure in the event a company the insured has booked with goes bust
– Cancellation cover arising from pre-travel sporting injury
– Cover for children travelling independently
– Reduced excesses for family trips
Key benefits to members
– Support from an expert team in designing your client’s cover
– Many high-risk activities covered as standard or on referral
– Ability to embed and white-label the online portal into your website
– No minimum volume
To find out more or to register your interest please email [email protected]
Click here for BIBA press release
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Click here for Sports Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Sports Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Click here to visit DTW1991’s website