BIBA Holiday and Sports Travel+ schemes
Holiday Travel + and Sports Travel
The Travel+ products provide package travel insurance cover, pre-travel advice and emergency assistance support to the leisure traveller and sporting enthusiast. Under Sports Travel+ we provide cover for over 150 sporting activities including competition and training.
The Travel+ schemes now include optional covers for Gadgets, Rental Vehicle excess, Business Travel, Wedding and Civil partnership ceremony, Pet Care and Cruises.
The BIBA Holiday and Sports Travel schemes are administered by Jackson Lee Underwriting (JLU).
The capacity for these comprehensive travel insurance policies is provided by AA rated Ergo Travel Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE, subsidiaries of Munich Re meaning BIBA members can offer highly rated security to your customers.
Policies are obtained via a simple to use online platform to quote, bind, renew and amend policies by BIBA members and/or a white labelled client-facing link that can be placed on the member’s website.
– Holiday Travel+ cover up to 85 years for a single trip policy and 75 years for an annual multi-trip policy
– Sports Travel+ cover up to 65 years for both single-trip policy and annual multi-trip policy
– UK domiciled individuals, families and groups
Key policy features
– Coverage can be considered for pre-existing medical conditions including mental health conditions, subject to medical screening
– Cover for trip cancellation for members of the Armed forces or emergency services whose leave is unexpectedly cancelled.
– Cover for financial failure in the event the hotel, airline, car rental company, etc…that the insured has booked direct with goes bust
– Cancellation cover arising from pre-travel sporting injury under the Sports Travel+ scheme
– Independent travel for all named Insureds including children
– Cover for claims related to Covid-19 where named insureds contract the virus
–Cover for over 150 sporting activities under Sports Travel+ including for competition and training
Key benefits to members
– Support from an expert team in designing your client’s cover
– Many high-risk activities covered as standard or on referral
– Ability to embed and white-label the online portal into your website
– No minimum volume
Cancellation Cover – If the insured person, their close relative, a member of their household or travelling companion or a friend with whom they had arranged to stay has a diagnosis of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to booked departure date, as certified by a Medical Practitioner:
- The cost of all travel charges that insured person have paid and/or are contracted to pay before the departure date and cannot recover in respect of any part of the Journey that they are necessarily required to cancel
Curtailment Cover – Death of insured person’s close relative after contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19:
- All reasonable additional travel expenses incurred by insured person in returning to their home address in the United Kingdom
Emergency Medical Expenses – Insured person contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19 during their journey:
- Emergency medical and repatriation expenses
- Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses (room only) for insured person to extend their stay until they are medically fit to return to the United Kingdom
- Reasonable additional travelling and accommodation expenses to repatriate insured person to the United Kingdom when they are denied boarding on their pre-booked return travel due to contracting COVID-19.
- Confinement benefit: a benefit payment of £30 for each complete 24 hour period up to £300 where insured person are ordered into self-isolation in their holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, as a result of them contracting COVID-19
Please be aware of the following:
- If an insured person is travelling against Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advice there is no cover under any section of the policy.
- There is no cover under the policy for losses insured or guaranteed by any other existing protection, specifically The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations, ATOL (including Civil Aviation Authority requirements), ABTA protection, or from your clients’ credit card provider under the Consumer Credit Act, or any other specific legislation for transport or travel providers.
- Cover for cancellation and curtailment is only for insured person’s proportion of prepaid transport, accommodation & additional travel expenses, and pre-paid excursions booked before they go on their trip, that they cannot recover from any other source.
To find out more or to register your interest please contact [email protected] ( See contact details.)
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Click here for Sports Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Sports Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Dipesh Patel – Senior Underwriter
+44 78 8458 9192