BIBA Holiday Travel Scheme
Current live Biba travel policies
Dtw 1991 will be sending you confirmation that any policies live and underwritten by them will be administered by JLU.
Holiday Travel + and Sports Travel
The Travel+ products provide package travel insurance cover, pre-travel advice and emergency assistance support to the leisure traveller and sporting enthusiast.
Holiday Travel+ is for individuals, families and groups.
Sports Travel+ is a specialist policy for the sporting traveller, amateur and professional individuals, groups and teams.
The BIBA Holiday and Sports travel schemes are administered by Jackson Lee Underwriting (JLU).
The capacity for these comprehensive travel insurance policies is provided by AA rated Ergo Travel Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE, subsidiaries of Munich Re meaning BIBA members can offer highly rated security to your customers.
Policies are obtained via a simple to use online platform to quote, bind, renew and amend policies by BIBA members and/or a white labelled client-facing link that can be placed on the member’s website.
– Holiday Travel+ cover up to 85 years for a single trip policy and 75 years for an annual multi-trip policy
– Sports Travel+ cover up to 65 years for both single-trip policy and annual multi-trip policy
– UK domiciled individuals, families and groups
Key policy features
– Coverage can be considered for pre-existing medical conditions including mental health conditions, subject to medical screening
– Cover for trip cancellation or coming home early for reasons beyond the insured’s control or due to a terrorist incident during their journey or up to 31 days prior to their booked departure from the United Kingdom as shown in their booking confirmation occurring within 40 miles of their booked accommodation
– Cover for financial failure in the event the hotel, airline, car rental company, etc…that the insured has booked direct with goes bust
– Cancellation cover arising from pre-travel sporting injury
– Cover for children travelling independently
– Reduced excesses for family trips
Key benefits to members
– Support from an expert team in designing your client’s cover
– Many high-risk activities covered as standard or on referral
– Ability to embed and white-label the online portal into your website
– No minimum volume
Existing policies covered by DTW1991
JLU will continue to administer current, existing policies on behalf of DTW1991. Dipesh Patel, remains your key contact for these policies providing continuity of service.
Cancellation Cover – If insured person, their close relative, a member of their household or travelling companion or a friend with whom they had arranged to stay has a diagnosis of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to booked departure date, as certified by a Medical Practitioner:
- The cost of all travel charges that insured person have paid and/or are contracted to pay before the departure date and cannot recover in respect of any part of the Journey that they are necessarily required to cancel
Curtailment Cover – Death of insured person’s close relative after contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19:
- All reasonable additional travel expenses incurred by insured person in returning to their home address in the United Kingdom
Emergency Medical Expenses – Insured person contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19 during their journey:
- Emergency medical and repatriation expenses
- Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses (room only) for insured person to extend their stay until they are medically fit to return to the United Kingdom
- Reasonable additional travelling and accommodation expenses to repatriate insured person to the United Kingdom when they are denied boarding on their pre-booked return travel due to contracting COVID-19.
- Confinement benefit: a benefit payment of £30 for each complete 24 hour period up to £300 where insured person are ordered into self-isolation in their holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, as a result of them contracting COVID-19
Please be aware of the following:
- If an insured person is travelling against Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advice there is no cover under any section of the policy.
- There is no cover under the policy for losses insured or guaranteed by any other existing protection, specifically The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations, ATOL (including Civil Aviation Authority requirements), ABTA protection, or from your clients’ credit card provider under the Consumer Credit Act, or any other specific legislation for transport or travel providers.
- Cover for cancellation and curtailment is only for insured person’s proportion of prepaid transport, accommodation & additional travel expenses, and pre-paid excursions booked before they go on their trip, that they cannot recover from any other source.
To find out more or to register your interest please contact Dipesh Patel. ( See contact details.)
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Holiday Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Click here for Sports Travel+ Policy Wording
Click here for Sports Travel+ Insurance Product Information Document
Dipesh Patel – Senior Underwriter
+44 78 8458 9192