BIBA members are the winners – BIA
6th July 2017
Steve White updates on the British Insurance Awards 2017
BIBA is always delighted to be asked to judge excellence in insurance so we readily agree to judge the British Insurance Awards (BIA)- it’s a pleasure to see the passion for simply performing the best an organisation or individual can in the various entries. That is why when it comes to attending the prestigious and entertaining BIA ceremony at the Albert Hall the winners and shortlisted entries get well deserved loud applause because the bar is set high and the competition is immense.
As well as enjoying great company, food and entertainment at the Albert Hall on 5 July, I was particularly happy to see some great BIA wins by BIBA members and associates.
Our congratulations go to all of the BIA winners but in particular to the following:
• Fresh Insurance Group for winning Personal Lines Broker of the Year
• Centor Insurance and Risk Management which won Commercial Lines Broker of the Year
• Aon – winners of the Diversity Award
• Harris Balcome (Associate member) – the joint winners for the Major Loss award – for their work on the flooded McVitie Biscuits factory in Cumbria.
• County Insurance for taking the Insurance Broker of the Year award and
• Towergate for the Transformational Deal of the Year, won for their finance restructuring.
It makes me proud to see members scoop all three key broker awards – and all of the winners can take pride in their achievements. I, for one am already looking forward to next year!