BIBA renews holiday travel scheme for members
4th February 2014
BIBA has renewed its holiday travel scheme with Tokio Marine Europe Insurance Ltd. The popular holiday travel scheme, listed by Which? Travel Magazine as a top scorer for cruise cover, was first launched in 2007 and consistently receives positive feedback from members.
The scheme offers a web-based solution that gives brokers the ability to sell travel insurance through their own branded website, and also enables them to upgrade policies mid-term and renew online.
The benefits of the scheme, which were recently enhanced, include:
- Single and annual multi-trip cover with £10 million medical cover
- Independent travel for all insured persons including children
- No terrorism exclusion
- A family policy can cover dependent children under the age of 18 years (or under 24 years if in full-time education)
- Infants aged under 4 years are covered for free on any adult policy
- Policies can be issued with just children under 18 years as insured person(s), as long as proposer is the parent or guardian and 18 years or over
- Many hazardous activities (including scuba diving, bungee jumping) are covered as standard
Adults can be covered up to the age of:
– 75 years on an annual multi-trip policy
– 85 years on a single trip policy
- Up to 45 days any one trip, with unlimited trips on an annual multi-trip policy (31 days for persons aged 71 years to 75 years)
- Option to upgrade from 45 days to 60 days on an annual multi-trip policy for persons aged under 71 years
- Cover for motorcycling holidays with motorcycles up to 2000cc engine size as long as insured has held a valid licence to ride such motorcycle for at least two years without incident
- Cover for financial failure of airline or other end supplier not forming part of a package holiday including hotels, car hire companies, villa owners, theme parks etc.
- Pre-existing medical conditions may be considered, subject to medical screening
- Bespoke underwriting with access to decision making underwriters
Steve Foulsham, BIBA Head of Technical Services, added:
“We are delighted to continue this important scheme for members. It has been one of the most popular over the years and has been formally recognised on a number of occasions and commended by those members who use it on a regular basis. We will continue to work with Tokio Marine to ensure that it remains a market leading product offering the widest coverage”.
Alastair Blundell, Executive Operations Officer, Tokio Marine Europe Insurance Ltd, said:
“Having worked with BIBA for the past six years we are delighted to have been reappointed for a further three year term. We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to the BIBA membership and the scheme is central to our on-going plans to develop our presence in the UK regional market”.
Notes to editors
1. For further information please contact:
BIBA press office:
Leighann Forsyth, Head of Communications
020 7397 0223
2. About British Insurance Brokers' Association
The British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) is the UK's leading general insurance intermediary organisation representing the interests of insurance brokers, intermediaries and their customers.
BIBA membership includes just under 2,000 regulated firms having merged with the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB) in November 2011.
General insurance brokers contribute 1% of GDP to the UK economy and BIBA brokers employ more than 100,000 staff.
53% of all general insurance is sold by an insurance broker and they arrange 81% of all commercial insurance business.
Insurance brokers put the client’s interests first, providing advice, access to suitable insurance protection and risk management.
BIBA helps more than 400,000 people a year to access insurance protection through it’s Find a Broker service, both online and via the telephone.
BIBA is the voice of the industry advising members, the regulators, consumer bodies and other stakeholders on key insurance issues. BIBA provides unique schemes and facilities, technical advice, guidance on regulation and business support and is helping to raise, and maintain, industry standards.
- About Tokio Marine Europe:
With origins dating back to 1880, Tokio Marine Europe has built its business on strong relationships and a keen understanding of risk. Through its network of branch operations across Europe, it provides a range of tailored products to protect clients’ businesses including Property, Marine Cargo, Liability & Personal Accident and Travel Insurance, underpinned by risk engineering and claims management services. Its reputation as a leading commercial insurer has been gained through solid underwriting expertise, strong relationships and an excellent financial strength rating of AA- by Standard & Poor’s.
Tokio Marine Europe is part of the Tokio Marine Group. In December 2013, it announced that it was joining forces with Kiln Group to form Tokio Marine Kiln – a leading international provider of Specialist and Corporate insurance in the Lloyd’s and Company markets. For more information, please visit www.tokiomarine.eu.
Media contact: Laura Guerin, Head of PR & Communications
020 7767 2111