Session 1 – 17 January – AJG, 3rd Floor, Cloister House, New Bailey Street, Salford. M3 5AG. 3.30-5.00pm
Session 2 – 11 April – Marsh, 7th Floor, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW 3.30-5.00pm
PDPs….no longer just nice to haves!
Each year more and more young professionals are joining the fast paced Insurance Broking Sector. As such, it could be argued that it is more important than ever to create, and review a Personal Development Plan (PDPs) on a regular basis.
The aim of a PDP is to provide a framework to identify the areas of personal strengths and weaknesses. It can also be used to ensure internal and external mentors are appointed to guide development and progress.
Session 1 – 17 January
A clear objective of this process is to analyse levels of personal knowledge, skills, capabilities and other qualifications. PDPs can be used to identify, shape and capitalise on existing skills and capabilities and can be shared with line management as a way to demonstrate pro-activeness and commitment.
This event will cover:
– Reasons for creating a PDP – internal and external.
– How to create a meaningful PDP ensuring it is aligned to key areas of personal development.
– The 12 week cycle model for creating PDPs.
– SMART criteria – the importance of ensuring development goals are specific, measurable, applicable, realistic, and time-bound.
– Why investing in self-learning should be continuous and the importance of making enough time for self-reflection.
– How to get the most from an internal/external mentor
Session 2 – 11 April
Review of the past 12 weeks, what aims were achieved, what hurdles where faced and discussion about how to overcome these in future.
Hosted and Presented by Daniel John
Each session will be followed by an optional networking event.