Life Cover for clients during the Covid-19 Coranavirus outbreak
7th May 2020
Blog from our member Moneysworth.
Are you concerned about finding Life Insurance during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Due to the risks of Coronavirus, many insurers have made changes to their underwriting rules. These changes mean that some people may experience a greater degree of difficulty in finding cover at an acceptable price.
For example, some insurers have reduced the maximum BMI (Body Mass Index) they are prepared to accept. Also, some insurers are rejecting a higher number of cover applications involving heart conditions than they were previously.
The good news is BIBA’s Find Insurance Service continues to source brokers, even in the current circumstances.
The team have been able to arrange cover for many clients who have a wide range of existing health conditions, such as:
- Raised Blood Pressure and Raised Cholesterol
- Raised BMI
- Heart Conditions – including Dilated Cardiomyopathy, Replaced Aortic Valve, Atrioventricular Block, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Arrest, Palpitations, Arrhythmia, Aortic Stenosis, Bicuspid Aortic Valve, Brugada Type 1, Brugada Type 2, Coarctation of the Aorta, SICD fitted, POTS Syndrome, Subclavian Flap Repair
- Mental Health Conditions – including Schizophrenia, Anxiety, Depression, Post-natal Depression, Previous Recreational Drug Use, Suicidal Ideation, Psychosis, Stress
- Diabetes – Type 1, Type 2, Diabetic Hypoglycemia
- Other Health Issues – Osteaoarthritis, Abnormal Smear Test Result, Dermoid Cyst, Asthma, Prostatitis, Syncopol, B12 deficiency, Swollen Glands.
This list shows that, despite the recent underwriting changes made by insurers, it’s still possible for people with health conditions to find the cover they need.
To maximise the chances of finding cover at an acceptable price, it’s best to use a specialist broker, who have proven expertise in finding insurance for people with existing health conditions.
If you need insurance, please call us on 0370 950 1790 to speak to a broker