New Updates and Guidance
Business Support FAQs
Frequently asked questions for businesses and employers, on business closures and stay at home, and on the self-employment income support scheme, are available on the business support website.
Destroying spoilt beer during coronavirus (COVID-19)
HMRC has introduced a temporary measure to help brewers and publicans in the destruction of spoilt beer during the coronavirus outbreak.
MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guidance has been produced for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry covering the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including information on:
- Supporting and authorising the development of vaccines
- Clinical trials of new medicines
- Managing the supply of medicines and healthcare products
- British Pharmacopoeia products and services during the COVID-19 outbreak,
- new guidance on medical devices clinical investigations, and
- new guidance for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) facilities.
MHRA also provide information to patients, manufacturers and healthcare professionals through their established information channels and alert systems.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on business support grant funding
Guidance for English local authorities sets out details of the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF). This includes updates on State Aid, monitoring and reporting requirements, new annexes on state aid, Spotlight, post payment checks, and clarification of eligibility of charities. The guidance applies to England only.
Slides to accompany coronavirus press conference: 30 March 2020
Link to the press conference slides used by Sir Patrick Vallance.