BIBA launches series of videos promoting brokers
29th June 2015
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) has launched a series of videos explaining the value that customers get when they use a broker, following member feedback.
The animations follow a fairy-tale theme, for example Cinderella’s shoe shop can continue to trade after a flood because of the Business Interruption cover she got from her broker.
Steve White, BIBA’s Chief Executive, said: “Our members have a great story to tell about the services they provide to their customers. These animations follow on from the successful personal lines animations we launched last year and will give our members the opportunity to explain their services to SME customers on their website in an engaging and memorable format”.
In 2014, BIBA launched an animation, shown at the Conservative and Labour Party conferences, explaining how brokers help consumers. This has now been viewed over 1,400 times and was made available to members to use on their websites. Now, after feedback from commercial lines brokers, we have launched a new version detailing how brokers help businesses.
To supplement these, BIBA has also developed a series of videos which feature business owners explaining the benefits their organisation gets from using a broker. These include entertainment company Mothership, which estimates that using a broker saves them two weeks’ worth of work each year and Jonjo O’Neil Racing which describes having a broker as like having an extra member of their team on-board.
The following videos are available in the series:
- Cinderella and business interruption insurance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIAF3icSGM
- Hickory Dickory Dock’s clockmaker suffers a theft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9v3uO_QVk
- Humpty Dumpty’s Employer’s Liability insurance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWa43zXxv38
- The Three Little Pig’s commercial property insurance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJLODRZjeg
Businesses who use brokers:
- How brokers add value to UK businesses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijskeC1ZG4
- What’s the benefit of using an insurance broker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOe-XSkyC-U
- How much time and money does your insurance broker save you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fasgO4Hdw
Notes to editors
For further information please contact:
BIBA press office:
Becky Pledge, Communications Coordinator
020 7397 0231
2. About British Insurance Brokers' Association
The British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) is the UK's leading general insurance intermediary organisation representing the interests of insurance brokers, intermediaries and their customers.
BIBA membership includes just under 2,000 regulated firms having merged with the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB) in November 2011.
General insurance brokers contribute 1% of GDP to the UK economy and BIBA brokers employ more than 100,000 staff.
54% of all general insurance is sold by an insurance broker and they arrange 79% of all commercial insurance business.
Insurance brokers put the client’s interests first, providing advice, access to suitable insurance protection and risk management.
BIBA helps more than 400,000 people a year to access insurance protection through its Find a Broker service, both online and via the telephone.
BIBA is the voice of the industry advising members, the regulators, consumer bodies and other stakeholders on key insurance issues.